Things to do around Garn‑y‑Skirrid
Your friendly country bunkhouse in Monmouthshire
There are loads of activities around Garn-y-Skirrid,
from walking in the Brecon Beacons and Black Mountains to visiting
There are many things you can do when based at Garn-y-Skirrid. Here are just a few of our favourites:
- Walk up the lane and across the fields straight up the Skirrid mountain.
- Continue the walk over to Llanvihangel Crucorney and stop for lunch at the Skirrid Mountain Inn.
- Go north-east up the B4521 to visit White Castle and Skenfrith Castle, or take a long day to do the Three Castles Walk.
- Drop down to Abergavenny to visit the town and castle, or just to pick up supplies.
- Go over to Monmouth, another lovely
town. There's a nice country route via Cross Ash.
- Go for a walk or cycle along the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal (or even hire a narrowboat for the day).
And you can find out many more things to do via such as the Abergavenny or Visit Abergavenny websites.